Spotter/Loader Requirements And Conduct
- Spotters must demonstrate the ability to hand spot the loaded bar weight.
- Spotters must be hand-picked by the meet director to protect the lifter from injury.
- Designated spotters may remove safety straps for a lifter choosing to walk out the weight only for attempts not exceeding weights that they can safely spot in the event of a failed attempt or loss of bar control.
- Competitors must understand that they assumes responsibility for any possible injury.
- Competitors are allowed to use their own spotter in addition to the meet director’s spotters.
- The lifter may utilize their own rear and side spotters for the squat if requested. If the lifter’s own spotter/s interfere with the judges’ ability to see the lift being performed and accurately judge the lift, the lift will be disqualified. If the spotter/s at fault for impeding the judges’ view are part of the platform personnel, the benefit of the lifter. However if the attempt is for an All-Time World Record the lifter will be given another attempt.
- Incidental contact with the bar or lifter by the platform personnel during the lift is not deemed a disqualification. If the spotters end an attempt prior to notification by a referee, lifter themselves or lifter’s coach, the lifter will be given another attempt.
© 2018 Rules: Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate.